When someone asks me where I go to college, one of three possible conversations inevitably follows.
- Scenario One: Oh, the one in Ohio?
- Me: No, that would be Miami University; I attend the one in Miami, Florida, the University of Miami.
- Scenario Two: That's quite the party school....
- Me: First of all, do I seem like a crazy party animal to you?!? Secondly, the school is academically ranked 38th in the entire nation.
- Scenario Three: What brought you there?
- Me: Great programs, scholarship money, research/internship opportunities, and I liked campus. (Inwardly thinking, "You know, the same things upon which most students base their decisions....")